Finally my little sister had her surgery on Friday nite, 10-12 pm. The surgery actually will be held on the next Saturday morning, but because the surgical will be used, my sister’s schedule is changed to Friday nite.
After the surgery, all her right arm is being wound around with a bandage. So now she cant move it or do everything. My mom becomes her helper when she wants to pee, to take a bath, to eat, to change her clothes…all depends on my mom’s help.
On Sunday morning (7 Oct 2012), the doctor says that she can go home … yey!! 🙂 But, my mom’s tasks are not over yet. She becomes Dinar’s babysitter … Dinar, the giant baby 🙂 Just feel sorry since I cant help my mom yet.
Sunday moves forward and Monday arrives. My mom says that the bandage is wet at several places, at Dinar’s wrist and upper arm. A new blister appears in her palm, near her right little finger.
I start to think about her wound…what will happen with her skin after the restoration? What if it makes her of having low self-esteem? And another worries I’ve got for her. I ask God, why bad things happen to her? Once I called her and she said that her right palm swells and it is like the monster’s palm. How cant I cry to hear her sentence?
My worries consume me to much. “Count your own blessings,” someone says, “when your worries have become a heavy burden for you.” You know, it is not an easy thing to do, especially if you are the one who face the problem. I want to help Dinar if some days she needs my support so that she can move on with her life and her scars. But even now, I still need help to conquer my own worries.
What can I do now? Here are things that I can do. I give thanks to the Lord:
* I can see the smile in her face
* since only her right arm which is injured, and not her whole body
* for her friends and teacher who move quickly to take her to the hospital
* the surgery went well and for good doctors. On Sunday morning she can go home
* for the money which He provided to pay all the hospital payments
* for her friends and my folks’ friends who visit and pray for her
* for the health of my mom and my dad who take care of her
I pray that:
* She will get her recovery soon and go back to school again
* The wound do not create “a serious scar” and her new skin layer is not too scary
* God gives patience, wisdom, and good stamina for my folks in doing their own activities and to take care of Dinar.
So, just hope the best dan pray for her recovery. The bandage will be changed on Friday (12 October 2012). That’s the way I count my blessings. Any other ideas?
Jakarta, 9 October 2012